Weddings are stressful events.
Not only the planning and lead up, but the big day itself can be off the charts.
A common mistake made by the bride and groom is to do some of the tasks involved in planning and executing the day themselves. Why is this a mistake you ask? How hard can it be to order some flowers, table decorations, place cards etc and ensure a memorable day for everyone? Surely I can do this, I can call three florists and sift through multitude of websites looking at different designs and contact numerous outlets to check prices. Why do I need to pay someone do these seemingly easy tasks?
The answer is pretty simple. An expert who plans and styles weddings for a living is going to do this much more efficiently and flawlessly than a first timer like yourself. Trust me, you will spend at least three times as long on each task, may not in fact get a great result and it could even end up costing you more. You might even not realise all the tasks that need planning/completing and forget something!
So what are some of the things that a professional planner and stylist will do in the lead up on the actual day:
- Furniture hire (chairs for your ceremony, arbours, backdrops, customs dance floors, wishing well)
- Floral arrangements
- Save the date stationery and wedding invitations
- Table settings; menu design (food & drink), place cards design, table centrepieces (other than flowers)
- Venue decorations/ Styling Items; (design welcome signage, seating chart, floral wall, balloons garlands, chandeliers, media wall, lighting etc)
- Cake Design
- Wedding Favours
- Band/ Entertainment
- Schedule (event run sheet)
- Hair & Make-up
- Bridal party transportation
- And much more….
Anything on that list you hadn’t thought of? See what I mean.
Yes a planner and stylist costs money. But the time, effort and money you spend doing it yourself, as well as the stress may actually not be worth it. Remember you’re only going to get married once. You want your wedding to be magazine worthy and the day to go perfectly. So don’t add stress and risk by doing it yourself.